Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Unexpected Calamity

After much anticipation from myself and my fellow ex-colleagues, I had finally tendered my resignation two days ago. I anticipated for obvious reasons, but for my ex-colleagues, they were more interested to find out how my VP would react to "betrayal" (as some has put it), especially since it was short after my promotion in July.

To my surprise, besides the subtle cold treatment that my VP gave me, nothing much "hype" had been created in the office. Entering day two since the letter had been submitted to my immediate superior, no "meet-up sessions" had been arranged, just yet. Somehow this unnerving "tranquility" is causing much anxiety. My immediate had been on leave ever since that day (what a coincidence!), making me wonder whether my letter has been passed on to the final authority (luckily I made a carbon copy for Human Resources). However news has been seeping through the office as some of my colleagues kept throwing questions at me discreetly. That made me the more confused. So is my resignation "official" yet? My VP is not doing anything to at least acknowledge that? Or my presence in the organisation is that insignificant, contrary to most of my ex-colleagues' belief? Could it be because a steady throng of people had been leaving the organisation since June that they had become so immune to "brain drain"?

All this is causing much unrest, which is far from what I had expected. I was imagining myself jumping in relief when the letter was finally off my hands. I was imagining myself counting down the days to enter a new working environment, meet new people, deal with new challenges and eventually lead a new life. Little did I know that transcending from an old to a new territory is that difficult.

Anyways, my heart still skips a beat whenever I think of my new job. Can't wait for 10th Dec 2008 to arrive.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh... U changed job... Salary sure will increase lor, haha,...

KC said...

haha a bit a bit lar...but sure not as high as you lor...hahaha

Chris said...

haha... no lar.. u r more higher paid. keke..